Tenryu River Boating
Gently boat down the beautiful valley of Tenryukyo, enjoy river boating stimulating your five senses. Here is the only place to experience a gorge scenery of dynamic and fascinating rocks on a river boating!
National scenic beauty Tenryukyo / Map of nature trail
From the Koyakyo-bridge and cross the Tsutsujibashi-bridge, nature trail routes around the Tenryukyo. The trail course is about 1 hour.
Place of interest
- Fascinating and dynamic rocks of beautiful gorge valley from Tsutsujibashi- bridge
- Rich and colorful plants has designated as a national scenic beauty
- Sakura blossom and Rhododendron dilatatum (Mitsuba-Tsutsuji) in the Spring, Golden Rayed Lily in the Summer, flaming like autumn leaves in Autumn and snow-covered beauty in Winter.
- Many stone monument with inscribed haiku and poems
- Stores and ryokan (Japanese-style hotel) still holds the appearance of Showa-era, passed down cultural treasure and many more
Breathe in fresh and wonderful air, surrounded by greenery, and enjoy your stay with feel of the beautiful nature and history.
Tenryukyo Long Bridge (Tenryukyo O-hashi)
Tenryukyo Long Bridge stretches high above in the sky with a long and straight appearance like dragon soaring through the sky. The bridge high in the sky and aloof looks quietly down on a vast nature of Tenryukyo, designated as national scenic beauty. The bridge has a vehicular road on the lower deck, and from the observatory pedestrian pass on the top deck, you can enjoy the seasonal beauties.